Standardized Testing

Image for Standardized Testing Page

A student who passes the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) may, with parental permission, withdraw from school.

After withdrawing, any student may reenter without prejudice if he/she wishes. To be eligible to take the exam a student must be at least 16 years old on the test date, or have completed one year of tenth grade, or be enrolled in the second semester of tenth grade. The CHSPE is administered twice a year. More information, including test dates, cost, and locations, can be obtained at Palm Academy.

High school students who are at least 17 years and 10 months old may take the General Educational Development (GED) exam. Those who pass will receive a certificate indicating that they have demonstrated the skills normally acquired during four years of high school. More information, including test dates and locations, can be obtained at Palm Academy.

Other exams (such as the California High School Exit Exam and STAR tests) will be administered at Palm Academy. Those students who wish to take the SAT should get more information at Coronado High School.